Student Visa

Canada continues to be the top choice for students planning to study abroad.

If you are among those individuals who are motivated and driven to study at one of the top-ranked colleges or universities in Canada, you came to the right place.

Study in Canada while exploring new cultures and making friends from around the world.

Find out whether you need to apply for a Canadian study permit, and how the application process works.

If your length of study is more than 6 months you may require a Canadian study permit.

“Canada’s education system is considered one of the best in the world.”

Applying for a Canadian study permit:

Two of the most important factors in a study permit application is financial support and having an acceptance letter from a Canadian learning institution.

Most of the post-secondary institutions in Canada, require the student to have written an IELTS exam and received a high score. However, there are several institutions that provide you with a conditional letter of acceptance if you don’t have IELTS and require you to complete their English courses prior to starting your program of study.

For a study permit application, you are required to provide documents showing your financial support and academic qualifications, and to attend an interview or biometric test, which includes a digital scan of your fingerprints. Depending on your country of origin, you may also be required to have certain medical vaccinations or undertake a tuberculosis test.

Make sure to check the average visa processing times for your country and apply early!

Study Permit Exemptions

Difference Between College and University

Canadian colleges offer certificate programs, post-graduate programs, as well as diploma and bachelor degree programs. They are more career-oriented than universities — they offer practical or hands-on training while most of them have lower tuition fees than universities. On the other hand, Canadian universities offer more professional and academic programs at both graduate and undergraduate levels

Did you know that you can gain valuable work experience while you are an international student in Canada?

As an international student in Canada, you are able to work part-time without a work permit for up to 20 hours per week. After graduation, you may be eligible to apply for a post-graduate work permit and gain Canadian work experience.

If you are interested in becoming an international student in Canada, please fill out our assessment form. We will contact you with information on how to start the process.